Jason Carreira wrote:

-----Original Message-----
From: Anthony Eden [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

<snip>

On a side note, does anyone else notice that the use of dynamic proxies is leading to code which acts more like dynamic typed languages such as Python?

Sincerely,
Anthony Eden

No... Because they're strongly typed. But we're not using dynamic
proxies here...

How do you mean you're not using dynamic proxies? What the heck is ActionProxy then? The actual command method which is invoked can vary depending on the configuration. Granted this is not dynamic typing as seen in Python and other scripting languages, but it still feels like we are moving in that direction, i.e. Java is attempting to become more of a dynamic language (where less and less is defined at compile-time). FWIW, my comment is also based on the increased interest in interaction between Java and scripting languages so perhaps I should have included a little bit more context for my comment.

Sincerely,
Anthony Eden