Hi everyone! & happy new year too.

I think that if we created separate FB groups for each topic that we thought would flood the o-list, that now puts the onus on people to go visit each of those groups. I think there’d be less discussion. Imo.

Also - I wonder - why should origami things be differentiated so minutely. If there was a FB group on, let’s say some specialty paper or something, that ppl deemed was such a specialized topic, how would I even know whether this topic would interest me or not - if it wasn’t on the o-list.

Btw, no one can know beforehand, whether what they post will interest one or 100 ppl. So why would you separate topics then? How can one know what topics will bother someone or not? That line of thinking doesn’t make sense to me. Post what one wants, as it relates to origami, and let ppl on the list respond as they see fit.

Even if email is now sorta considered old-skool, I think the beauty of the o-list as it is now, is that everyone can voice their ideas, in one place… and true, some interest me and some don’t. But that’s how group conversations go. But luckily, I don’t have to go to x number of FB groups to follow origami related chat.

That’s my 2cents.

Vishakha
NYC

.