I think finding rare books generally is a unique struggle.. I once wrote a
detailed post of my attack methods (
https://snkhan.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15188 ), and they have been
effective but there are limitations.

Particularly, I have no advice on OTC #1, it is truly brutal and I don't
own it myself. I once saw OTC #1, 2, 4 & 5 in an auction about 2018 and I
left bidding when it was too rough for me, the block sold for like 250000
JPY / $2500 USD and I still think it was the closest I ever got.

All you can do is be persistent, and mill the Japanese language auction
sites 10x a day (sorta not joking--when these post, poof--remember there
are daytime Japanese users seeing these items post fresh and they are savvy
purchasers), get lucky, or bid at an organized convention.

I feel regret for publications like OTC #1-x, they're beautiful and windows
into the advancement of origami, but yeah they're available-ish in PDF to
the persistent. It's certainly not ideal. But other gems like OMSE #1, 2
simply don't exist. You can't find them anywhere basically..

All that is to say: I support reaching out to this community with this
question. It's a hard one, and what better community to ask.

Jeff