Take a break, forget python, ruby and php :

http://beerpla.net/2008/12/16/the-ultimate-programming-language-lolcode/

Raja Iskandar Shah wrote:
maybe this thread should really be python vs perl vs java ?

but php is still the top language for web cms :
http://www.packtpub.com/article/open-source-cms-award-previous-winners

open source cms awards :

   1. 2009
         1. wordpress - php
         2. modx - php
         3. silverstripe - php
   2. 2008
         1. drupal - php
         2. joomla - php
         3. dotnetnuke - vb.net <http://vb.net>
   3. 2007
         1. drupal - php
         2. joomla - php
         3. cms made simple - php
   4. 2006
         1. drupal - php
         2. joomla - php
         3. plone - python

looking at the new cms modx and silverstripe (from nz - the land of sheep) shows that php is alive and kicking

i guess the python community still has some way to go to understand what people really want

hehehehe .....