Very strange problem this one..

Can anyone who's a whizz with XCode help me out please..

I have a fully compiled version of the OSG 2.2 release, which works
perfectly in every way except this one crazy problem which is driving
me mad!!

I built OSG on the same machine with XCode3.0 that is giving me these
problems.
I have the standard OSG prefix.pch file with all dependencies in it in
the XCode project. In fact it's based on the OSG XCode Template.

The problem is at linking the compiler cannot find the
StateSet::setMode symbol.
All other StateSet stuff works on instructions either side of this one
instruction that is failing.
This is happening across several XCode projects..

I have tried rebuilding the entire OSG package.

I am also now manually including these following files also in the
file this code is resident in.

#include <osgGA/StateSetManipulator>
#include <osg/StateAttribute>
#include <osg/StateSet>

The offending line is commented out below..

        ss2 = geom->getOrCreateStateSet();
        // ss2->setMode(GL_BLEND,osg::StateAttribute::ON);
        ss2->setAttribute(new osg::PolygonOffset(1.0f,
1.0f),osg::StateAttribute::ON);
        ss2->setRenderingHint(osg::StateSet::TRANSPARENT_BIN);

ss2 is defined as "osg::StateSet* ss2" earlier in the file.

So it's either me being really dense, the OSG package I have,  or
aliens.... Any result is fine. I just want the problem to go away!

This is the linker error...

   "osg::StateSet::setMode(unsigned long, unsigned int)", referenced
from:
       OSG_HUD::create()     in Planet.o
       OSG_HUD::create()     in Planet.o
symbol(s) not found

I have asked the compiler to take me to the definition of setMode and
it finds several, including the two in StateSet.

Am I missing something blindingly obvious, or has anyone seen this
before!

Thanks,
Stephen.