Thanks for your answer, and sorry for my monolithic post.
I will try to make them more readable.

Now that I see that in order to control the frame rates I need to use an
independent viewer
for each simulated camera;

- How can a set it to just render to a image and not display in the screen
at all?

 I have tried to attach an image to the viewer's camera and set its render
implementation
to  FRAME_BUFFER_OBJECT but obviously I am missing something as it didn't
work.

Thanks a lot, Nicolas.