On Fri, Feb 29, 2008 at 6:24 PM, Paul Martz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > The RenderInfo version is the main one now, this calls the
>  > Camera version for backwards compatibility.
>
>  This change effectively deprecates the old interface, because if someone
>  overrides the new operator()(RenderInfo&) interface but doesn't call the old
>  interface in their callback, then the old interface never gets called. Is
>  this correct?

Yes this is correct, but if one doesn't call the old method in your
own callback it really isn't a problem as the old method is just a non
op anyway, it only isn't a non op if you implement it, and only ever a
problem if you implement both.

>  Currently, OcclusionQueryNode uses the old interface to retrieve query
>  results.
>
>  Could you possibly rearchitect this change so that we have some assurance
>  that the old interface will continue to get called? Alternately, you could
>  modify OcclusionQueryNode to use the new callback interface.

I don't see a strong need to remove the old method right now, its
slightly less minimal and perhaps a potentially little confusing but
code wise its not unsafe.