Hi Coleman,

On Mon, Mar 24, 2008 at 6:39 PM, Night Hawk
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>  I can understand your point and don't want to start a debate on it,
>  but just want to say that those who use the "cool names" has a good
>  reason for doing so (at-least some, if not all, of us). More
>  professional reasons than a just "cool name" attempt.

A professional reason for not showing common curtesy?

As I said a first name is perfectly fine, but no name at all is not,
its just disrespectful.  I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels this
way.

I personally have to exchange emails with dozens of people each day, I
try to be polite and helpful.  I also have to jump between many
different threads and this requires one to attach different bits of
information/discussion to different people.  This is hard trick to do
already, but made much harder when people don't even use standard
curtesy of providing a proper name to address them by.

So... in my book not providing at least a first name is both rude and
awkward, and thoroughly unprofessional.