From: Jean-Sébastien Guay
To: OpenSceneGraph Users
Sent: Wednesday, June 25, 2008 10:08 AM
Subject: Re: [osg-users] [osg-submissions] API configurations in
aseparateConfig include file

Hi Bob,

> what fun would this list be if someone (lucky me) didn't get to stick
their
> foot in their mouth from time to time. :)

I assume you got some personal replies to your message, as I haven't
seen anything on osg-users that reacted to it in any way, so your own
reaction is a bit surprising to me. For the record, I agree with your
sentiment, even if I can see reasons why OSG evolves as it does (open
source software often imposes its own pace and demands that developers
be more fluid and open to change...) So I personally didn't find your
comment offensive.

> and so, as an act of contrition (yes, i was raised a catholic child),
> i submit my updated 'FindOSG.cmake' which i use to create builds of apps
> with osg on windows, linux, and the mac. this cmake FIND_PACKAGE tool will
> setup the variable OSG_INCLUDE_DIRS to point to both the generated and
> installed source of osg, as well as the OSG_LIBRARY_DIR for the discovered
> osg libraries.

I agree that a "template" for a standalone project using OSG is a good
addition. In the past, I have cannibalized the VPB CMake/project files
for my own projects, and that worked for me (though of course, with the
recent changes, even those will have to be reworked slightly).

And it should be made clear that if you do 'make install' or build the
INSTALL target in Visual Studio, you don't need anything different than
before, since the Config headers are installed with your other OSG
headers. It's only if you build and then use the files straight from
your build tree (or copy them manually from there to somewhere else,
omitting the Config headers) that you need to add the
<build>/include/OpenThreads and <build>/include/osg directories in your
include path.

J-S