WOW!  What an amazing community!

Sorry about missing the earlier mention.  I looked through the archives and
did not see the notice.  I am indeed upgrading from OSG 1.2, and realized
that my 3rdParty SVN folder was not an extrernal pointing back to OSG, but
my old one.  I did figure that out though, and got to just where you
mentioned.  (curious as to why that one setting would be in Advanced
though).  Anyway, as I compile, I am getting the linker error with "
_FT_Outline_Get_BBox"

I was about to write and saw that you guys already replied, THANKS!

I was looking through some older archives for this and saw a post from mew
that references:
*https://osgtoy.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/osgtoy/3rdParty/branches/*<https://osgtoy.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/osgtoy/3rdParty/branches/>
and inside there is a folder called
"3rdParty_win32binaries_vs71/<https://osgtoy.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/osgtoy/3rdParty/branches/3rdParty_win32binaries_vs71/>
"

should that get me what I need, or do I need to still rebuild freetype
myself?

Thanks Again,
-- Rick