This change only fixes libosgviewer for X11 (32- and 64-bit). It does not
fix the two remaining issues: the osgviewerWX example and the osgdb_qt
Quicktime plugin. Neither compile with 64-bit. So, out of the box, the
64-bit build on OSX is still broken. However, another bug (which I have
deliberately not fixed yet) keeps the default to 32-bit compilation, so
things are not broken out-of-the-box.
So here are the steps to take to compile 64-bit on OSX:
Add ppc64 and/or x86_64 to CMAKE_OSX_ARCHITECTURES
Generate the Xcode project
Remove osgdb_qt and osgviewerWX from the list of targets within Xcode
Build

Doing this will compile, but images such as tiff, jpeg, gif, and png will
not be supported.

-Eric