Hi Paul,

Hi all -- I've seen a couple of posts now implying that the next stable release after 2.8 will be called "3.0". I wanted to open a discussion on this so that we can get some clarification.

I don't think this is the case. Robert has only referred to 3.0 when talking about introducing an OpenGL 3.0-only pipeline, i.e. not relying on the fixed pipeline at all. This will probably not happen in the next stable release after 2.8, thus there will surely be a 2.10, 2.12, etc. before we see 3.0.

At least that's how I understood it. The fact that Robert and Art have started discussions on "the road to OSG 3.0" does not automatically imply that 3.0 will be the next stable version of OSG.

J-S