> Indeed.  I have heard of Linux users configuring browsers to act
> report being other browsers, I presume other platform/browsers do the
> same.  I'm curious where this practice would be most common.

Using Opera, you can switch your browser identification in one or two clicks.
And you even can set (and save) identification for a particular site that is
not browser-firendly... And I know many users that let Opera to be "masked as
IE" (this is different from "identify as ..." because the "Opera" string simply
diseapear when using "Mask as ..."). That way, ill-designed sites can be viewed
normally.
I don't really know about Firefox, but I guess this is the same thing (Firefox
is a cool browser too, IMO, and I as far as I know it provides a set of
features comparable to Opera).

Sukender