Hi Robert,

I was using the scaled lz.osg as an example, the same behavior can be seen
if you simply use the cow.osg.  It rains very hard right around the cow, but
if you move the camera back far enough, the rain gets lighter and lighter
and then finally stops completely.  Is this the desired effect?

My original tests were on a projected osgdem generated database.  If I used
a very small database, then the osgprecipitation effect worked well, but
center of the bounding sphere.  I'll keep looking and see if I can come up
with anything.

Thanks,

Jason