From: osg-users-boun...@lists.openscenegraph.org
[mailto:osg-users-boun...@lists.openscenegraph.org] On Behalf Of Jean-Sébastien
Guay
Sent: Wednesday 22 April 2009 15:50
To: OpenSceneGraph Users
Subject: Re: [osg-users] Public ffmpeg plugin testing streams

Hi Robert,

> Thanks for the link to the camera.  I tried the mjpeg osgmovie
> commandline and it took a number of seconds before the first frame
> came up then looked to be working but then eventually stopped update.

Yep, those are my results too. The time to start is not that much of a
concern, but it could explain the delay I was talking about (i.e. the
plugin/ffmpeg reads X seconds of video to buffer, then plays that while
reading more data for Y seconds and eventually catches up to itself and
stops). Perhaps the fact that it stops is because it tries to read data
too fast, resulting in an error which is not caught and just stops
further reading? (just theorizing here, I don't know much about these
things)

> The media.sav commandline does nothing right now, osgmovie just hangs
> without reporting anything.

Same here. Turning up OSG_NOTIFY_LEVEL will show that it's trying to
read data, and as I said I can see the data light flashing here when
that happens, so the camera seems to be sending the data.

> I haven't yet looked into the ffmpeg plugin and how it's coping with
> these sources, but I am using svn/trunk rather than your suggested
> changes that I haven't merged.  Do your suggested changes effect the
> end result at all?

Well, it enabled using the rtsp format for reading from the stream (you
need to call av_find_input_format with "rtsp" instead of the file
extension of "sav"). But from there, the result was pretty much the
same. It just looks like the ffmpeg lib doesn't know what to do with the
data once it gets it.

Thanks for testing,

J-S