Hi Lev

2009/5/5 Lev <earlnucl...@gmail.com>

> Hi,
>
> I have using been keyboard handling code from basic keyboard handling (
http://www.openscenegraph.org/projects/osg/wiki/Support/Tutorials/BasicKeyboardInput)
tutorial.

> As I understand to implement further functionality, I need to modify
TankInputDeviceStateType class.

TankInputDeviceStateType is just an shared object between
MyKeyboardEventHandler and UpdateTankPosCallback
to simplify communication between this 2 object. To add further
functionality:
You have to modify MyKeyboardEventHandler to handle the event you want add (
for moveFwdRequest, 'w' key is handle),
You have to modify TankInputDeviceStateType to store the event you want add
( for moveFwdRequest, moveFwdRequest property is used),
You have to modify UpdateTankPosCallback to apply the event you want add (
for moveFwdRequest, tank is moved),

> However I cannot seem to find a way to add more members to the class. i.e.
trying to add moveBckRequest.

Did you mean something like this :

   class tankInputDeviceStateType
   {
       public:
           tankInputDeviceStateType::tankInputDeviceStateType() :
            moveFwdRequest(false), moveBckRequest(false) {}

           bool moveFwdRequest;
           bool moveBckRequest;
   };

If it is, you simply need to study C++.