<take mic to to address Mr. Paul Melis and others who wish to listen>

Ridiculous Indeed! Agreed!  How can anyone say I was being un-civil?

</take mic to to address Mr. Paul Melis and others who wish to listen>

Quoting Paul Melis <p...@science.uva.nl>:

Robert Osfield wrote:
Hi Ed,

You don't seem to have the threads on this topic.  The names are key
to tracking who's saying what over time.  If you can't do this then
you can properly hold a conservation.   If you are in crowded room and
you wish to address someone you don't just shout out to everybody, you
specifically address who you want to talk to, you need a name to do.
Also when someones says something in this crowded room and you don't
know who said it how are you to reply?  How are you to remember what
they've said previously or what you've said to them previously.  Once
you loose names you loose a fundamental part of how communication
works, it breaks down.

This is what are trying to do is stopping communication breaking down,
prevent it from becoming too difficult to us to use.

And please don't go adopting a name that takes the mikey.  If you
can't be civil then it only take me a minute to unsubscribe you.

WTF? Are you now threatening to unsubscribe people because they choose
to go by a first name and e-mail address only, while otherwise being
civil in their communications??

This is getting ridiculous...

Paul