Hi Gordon,
Good to hear from you.   Thanks for chiming in.
Yea it is a de-optimization or de-normalization.   I dont really care how it is
categorized.
Does it makes sense to have a visitor that decomposes the osg PrimitiveSets
into triangles (GL_TRIANGLES)?
Im really just trying to see if there is an osg visitor class that that already
does this or see who has had experience with loading osg created dae files into
GE.   The "GoogleMode" switch on the dae writer leads me to believe that the
dae writer was designed with the GE use case in mind.   So perhaps there is
already an existing "path to success" in taking optimized osg content into GE
via osg dae.   I can't imagine I am the first to try this.  Anyway,  your
insight is very much appreciated.
If I don't find an existing code path by Monday or Tuesday then I will probably
code up my own osg visitor.  Any suggestions to point me in the right direction
great and might get you free beer on your next visit to Texas.

Have a good day.

Cheers,

-Reed
http://www.linkedin.com/in/reedwhit