Good to hear,

due to the current implementation of the forum<->mailing list connection, users
are allowed to specify the settings of how their attachments are treated. So a
user can force real attachments to be used (instead of links in emails). He can
also force thumbnails to be attached instead of full size images. The default
behavior for all users is currently as in my previous post, just to submit a
link.
The issue with the strange colors is solved, that was a problem of using wrong
lib for creating thumbnails.

cheers,
art