Janna Terde wrote:
> Hi Chris,
> Sorry for mentioning HeightFields again.
> But thank you for taking your time replying! Currently I am
> implementing functionality using osg::Terrain::TerrainTile/HeightFieldLayer.

  Let us know how it performs for you. I think you will be satisfied with the
result.

  Remember too, that for terrain-like surfaces, VirtualPlanetBuilder is the
preferred way
to make osg::Terrain::TerrainTile/HeightFieldLayer databases. It will construct
the LOD
quadtrees for you so that you always see the level of detail you require (right
down to
facets smaller than a screen-pixel, if you adjust the LOD Scale to request
that) at the
most optimal framerate. VPB terrains typically run at a rock solid 60fps in OSG.