Hi!
Chris, thank you for your advice! I will definitely take a look into VPB!

I got some results but couple of things did not work as I expected, yet.
Sorry in advanced for so many questions.

When I use  osg::Terrain::TerrainTile/HeightFieldLayer regardless of X/Y
intervals I set while creation of the HeightField I always get the same result
(as if I set X/Y to 1). When I used only HeightFields+ShapeDrawable it worked
fine. I am wondering if something like this happened to anyone or maybe I have
some bug.

I also noticed that when I use osg::Terrain::TerrainTile/HeightFieldLayer  the

What I am trying to make now is functionality for selecting a vertex (or
several vertices around it) and modifying its height. Before I was using
HeightField::setHeight and then calling dirtyDisplayList for the ShapeDrawable.
Can anyone suggest what is the right way to do the same using
osg::Terrain::TerrainTile/HeightFieldLayer? I am trying to access a HeightField
and then setHeight() but I am not sure if this is the correct way and if I need
to update my scene somehow.

I am going to keep working on the selection and I will appreciate any
suggestions/comments!
Thanks a lot for your help!

Cheers,
Janna