From: osg-users-boun...@lists.openscenegraph.org
[mailto:osg-users-boun...@lists.openscenegraph.org] On Behalf Of Andrew
Cunningham
Sent: Wednesday, January 20, 2010 9:41 PM
To: osg-users@lists.openscenegraph.org
Subject: Re: [osg-users] Vista/Windows 7 visual problems on resize

I think this answers my question , at least regarding trying to use
CRectTracker.

>From http://www.opengl.org/pipeline/article/vol003_7/

"GDI is no longer hardware-accelerated, but instead rendered to system
memory using the CPU. That rendering is later composed on a 3D surface
in order to be shown on the desktop. The graphics hardware video driver
is no longer involved in GDI rendering, which means that mixing GDI and
accelerated 3D rendering in the same window is likely to produce
corruption like stale or blanked 3D rendering, trails, etc. Using
Microsoft's OpenGL software rendering (the first item in the four OpenGL
implementations) will achieve GDI compatibility, but at the expense of
rendering speed and lack of modern features."

So no mixing of GDI and accelerated 3D into the same window...

The problem with resizing is obviously related.