Hey guys, looking for some quick design advice before I start hacking
something that I'd end up scrapping.

I've written a pretty traditional FPS camera; game-like movement and
strafing, sprinting, mouse viewing by warping the pointer to the center
of the screen, axis inversion, etc. All the stuff you might find in a
game like Call of Duty or similar. When this is all done, I'll probably
submit the camera (its a child of osgGA::StandardManipulator) as a new
FirstPersonManipulator...

Now I'm looking to add some facilities for attaching objects to the
scene relative to the viewing eye. For example: a weapon and a mesh
representing the viewer's arms.

My question is how do I render these objects? Should I treat them
specially (for example, adding them in a post render camera) or should I
simply position them properly to be rendered in the main frame? I'm
looking for some "gotchas" from other people who have done something
similar.

Thanks!