On 03/06/2012 07:39 AM, Ethan Fahy wrote:
I was also wary of using generic attributes after reading the bottom of this
page:

http://www.opengl.org/sdk/docs/tutorials/ClockworkCoders/attributes.php

Just seemed like more trouble than it was worth.  But I'm really just learning
OpenGL and osg so it could be that using a generic vertex attribute is the way
to go.

That information is outdated. Nvidia cards since the GeForce 8 series, I believe, have not had the aliasing issue. Indeed, the traditional vertex attributes (normal, color, texture coordinates) are even deprecated in OpenGL since version 3. There shouldn't be any reason to worry about using generic vertex attributes.

--"J"