This is being done and as I mention it works fine unless I try to use vertex
buffer object.

so lets say code like this works:

Code:

geometry->setVertexAttribArray(s_attributeIndex, m_vertexAttributes.get());
geometry->setVertexAttribBinding(s_attributeIndex,
osg::Geometry::BIND_PER_VERTEX);
geometry->setVertexAttribNormalize(s_attributeIndex, GL_FALSE);

but I can not access custom attribute in the shader anymore with the code like
this:

Code:

geometry->setUseVertexBufferObjects(true);

geometry->setVertexAttribArray(s_attributeIndex, m_vertexAttributes.get());
geometry->setVertexAttribBinding(s_attributeIndex,
osg::Geometry::BIND_PER_VERTEX);
geometry->setVertexAttribNormalize(s_attributeIndex, GL_FALSE);

s_attributeIndex is 15.

Cheers,
Janna