Hi,

I think it is used as cross-checking method. Indeed, if the calculated number (using osg::Image) is less than the number of mipmaps specified in the dds file, the calculated value is kept. On the other hand if the theoretical number of possible mipmaps is higher than the number of mipmaps specified by the dds file, the number used is the one of the dds file. In my opinion, it seems to be possible to have dds files with wrong mipmap informations...

Cheers,

Christian