Hi Dan,

It was never my intention that the osgGA::CameraManipualtor would become
THE way to manage cameras in OSG users applications, just a convenient tool
for most OSG examples and basic OSG applications.  They have kinda taken on
a bit of life of their own, beyond what really the merit they have.

So... rather than trying to make a square peg fit a round hole and try to
make the existing CameraManipualators fit your needs I'd suggest you
consider what you needs are for your own application.  How do you want to
manage camera control and interaction?  If the osgGA camera manipulators
don't fit the bill then don't feel uneasy about just rolling your own
camera management to do things exactly how you require of them.