Thanks for clafirications, I will give it another try.

Yeah, of course I don't expect everything to be superoptimized either. As
mentioned I did managed to build each and every one manually as instructed by
original libraries, and some with a bit of hacking (giflib). But I wish I could
automate everything. Goal is to be able to fire up a batch script, get srcs
from github (or with wget), configure everything and build without need to open
any gui tool such as cmake.

When building with your cmakes I have tryed pretty much what you describe. 1st
i downloaded all code for every project in their respective folder, than I put
your cmake files in the respective folder and top level one in top level
directory where all other src folders were. I than opened cmake-gui and
configured stuff for tope-level project, but it didn't build individual
projects. Prospect of configuring manually each and every one did occur to me
but I have to admiit, not overly appealing :).

Now from your answer I understand  I should do some extra work to tell your
cmake from my batch file where to find things. That is probably reason why I
got only project files for "build all" and "install" but not individual project
files.

The ting is I already have a batch script that will automaticly configure cmake
variables depending on what compiler is present in my path, bitness and paths
where I want stuff to build in and to install to, compiler flags etc. It works
often time "out of the box so to say", but sometimes there are such cases as
this where I have to figure out extra things to make it work.

Just fooling around with nick, my real name is as strange as nick, you wouldn't
believe me anyway :).

Thanks for answer and best regards
/arthur