Hi,
Jan Ciger wrote:
I encourage anyone suggesting that the list moves to some new shiny thing XY,
because it is better/nicer/more modern/I don't like e-mail/forum/etc to
consider these issues in the future. You are getting free support, so making
the life easier for the project leads like Robert is probably the least they
can ask for in exchange.
Meh

On first sight this place looks kind of meh. It doesn't seem to facilitate
anything. Take it from me, I saw this place as an anthill. I wanted to drop my
shit, get condescended by Robert. Why do all these new posters have accents and
use shitty forum titles that do not lend itself to being searched?
Still that is a problem not being magically solved by using another platform/forum. Most of the new posters are simply no native speakers and might have a different cultural background. While this might be my opinion, I think that this is simply a mirror of our society: People are getting lazy to educate themselves, more and more unpolite and simply not able to phrase a complex question ... And honestly you've shown mre rude and unpolite speech and behavior than most people here, effectively serving no purpose but "dropping your shit". This is however helping no-one; on the contrary: It might even repel those who are willing to sacrifice a share of their spare time.

I personally dislike the forum too, it is a mess compared with a mailing list ... but that's maybe me being older than 20 ;-). And you know what I did? I became a moderator, to at least help the forum to get a tiny bit better...

Cheers
Sebastian