Hi,

there are several DDOS attack types: UDP/SYN/ICMP/HTTP flood, ping of the
death, etc. If these attacks do not generate a log that OSSEC can read, the
attack will not be detected.

Try to detect the DDOS attack in your machine manually: review apache logs,
netstat or an specific tool to detect these types of attacks. Then, we can
send the information obtained to OSSEC and play with specific rules or
active response to block the attack.