Hello Rob,

As far as I understand, you don't need generic agent jobs or postmaster
filters to have this working. Did you create the 3 dynamic fields required
for this functionality? If you want to keep the default sysconfig entry as
it comes, those fields must be named TicketFreeText1 for storing the name
of the device affected, TicketFreeText2 for the name of the service
affected and ArticleFreeText1 for the state of the event. Then publish
those fields on AgentTicketZoom so you can actually know their values.
Bonus points if the name of the device is the same name of one of your
configuration items (CI) on the CMDB. That way your ticket will be linked
with the affected CI and its operational state will change.

I know my comment is not related with the acknowledge feature but hopefully
there is valuable information for you here.