Like.

That being said, there is gray areas around IP and who owns what etc
especially when it comes to Copyright. After just having to deal with a
minor skirmish around Copyright ownership with a Govt Dept (I used a
throw-away design I did on my blog as an example of metro.. the took offence
to it even after i pulled it down once i learnt they were sad...*gasp*), the
lesson I learnt is that once you connect to a corporate network the IP in
itself becomes yours. As even though some contracts state you have to hand
over all work that belongs to blah blah in the end my legal advice given was
that because the work defined in around ownership wasn't clear and the fact
I used my laptop to produce the work, then unless it was created prior to my
arrival i owned copyright both under the Design Act 2003 and Generic
Copyright laws (except it was also a dark area given Copyright
in Australia basically says that if no agreement is in place you the creator
own it automatically unless your doing work for govt... talk about stacking
the pack :D).

Anyway, I innocently did my thing and didn't think much of it until i get
drawn over the coals for copyright all because I connected a laptop to the
network that i owned..so...i'd prefer to see how this legally impacts the
individuals specifically around IP/Copyright first before I start getting
all sugar high on socketing a laptop into the network of a company...

(as I type this on my laptop into a company...didn't say i learnt my lesson
:D).

---
Regards,
Scott Barnes