From: ozdotnet-boun...@ozdotnet.com [mailto:ozdotnet-boun...@ozdotnet.com]
On Behalf Of Greg Keogh
Sent: Monday, 20 June 2011 2:26 PM
To: 'ozDotNet'
Subject: RE: REST call (obvious solution)

Take a look at
http://geeknizer.com/rest-vs-soap-using-http-choosing-the-right-webservice-p
rotocol/ for more a good comparison.

Yes, that's a nice summary. I personally have no need for REST at the moment
as everything I'm working on for business is Microsoft-ish, but I'll keep it
in mind for possible future scenarios where I have to be really open to the
world.

I've been playing with the Rackspace REST API over the last week and it's
obvious to me now why they provide a REST API and nothing else, as they
don't want any bother about who their clients are, you just stuff a request
into port 443 by whatever means you have at your disposal and hope for the
best!

It's just a shame that REST doesn't have any formal concept of contracts,
discovery or attachments like SOAP.