On Mon, Jun 20, 2011 at 3:32 PM, Michael Lyons <maill...@ittworx.com> wrote:

> This is very true, but in a lot of cases people could easily use REST
> instead of SOAP and vice versa as they are just doing basic CRUD or workflow
> operations

I agree. I was just pointing out that its unjustified to claim that the
designers of SOAP would've created REST but they stuffed up.

Oh... and it was an opportunity to raise the fact that many users of REST
are only halfheartedly embracing it :) It's more than just designing an API
and then deciding whether to expose it via REST or SOAP. A good REST
interface requires a different thought process to a good SOAP interface.

ciao, Richard