Well thats a loaded question to which I'd say "objection your honour
leading the witness and goes to state of mind" ..

Today if i were to reboot the web I'd be ok with a XML flavour like similar
to HTML5/MXML (and in parts XAML). I'd also double down on ECMA4 or above
(either one) and i'd ignore CSS existence all together as that's just an
after thought hack of style properties anyway.

---
Regards,
Scott Barnes
http://www.riagenic.com