From: ozdotnet-boun...@ozdotnet.com [mailto:ozdotnet-boun...@ozdotnet.com] On
Behalf Of Greg Keogh
Sent: Wednesday, December 24, 2014 9:43 AM
To: ozDotNet
Subject: Re: WP - prepare for universal app development in Windows 10

Greg K – I assume you receive the MSDN Flash and saw this article
<http://blogs.windows.com/buildingapps/2014/12/17/bring-your-windows-phone-silverlight-apps-to-windows-runtime-xaml-prepare-for-universal-app-development-in-windows-10/?loc=zatfz_zTS2z&prod=zWPz&tech=zOtScenz&lang=zOtLangz&prog=zOtProgz&type=zBlz&country=zUSz>
 ?

Yes I did see that. WinRT comes to Phone 8.1 so you can run mostly shared code
on phone, tablet and desktop (after a big refactor). That's great for people
who want to do that, but not me at the moment due to the fact that the job I'm
on requires phone 8.0. However, it's good to know this small convergence exists
in case it's useful for future projects -- GK