From: ozdotnet-boun...@ozdotnet.com [mailto:ozdotnet-boun...@ozdotnet.com] On
Behalf Of Nathan Schultz
Sent: Wednesday, 3 February 2016 2:29 PM
To: ozDotNet <ozdotnet@ozdotnet.com>
Subject: Re: [OT] New PC - Intel LGA 2011-3 socket boards

I've been looking at refreshing my system as well. I'm not sure why you'd
consider a Haswell system over SkyLake?

The price difference between something like an Intel i5-4590 (Haswell) and an
Intel i5-6500 (Skylake) is ~$15.

And the price difference between 8GB of DDR3 (1600Mhz) and 8GB of DDR4
(2133Mhz) is ~$20 (at least for Kingston).

I don't know where you're shopping to see three-fold price differences.

On 2 February 2016 at 19:51, Ian Thomas <il.tho...@outlook.com