From: Dave Walker<mailto:rangitat...@gmail.com>
Sent: Tuesday, 9 February 2016 10:00 AM
To: ozDotNet<mailto:ozdotnet@ozdotnet.com>
Subject: [OT] Internal Developer Training

Hi all,

I've recently taken over a new team which has a wide variety of technical skill
from complete beginner to senior developer. Talking to the team I've found that
especially their C# skillsets are limited and can be greatly improved. So far
we've organised for everyone to have a pluralsight account and encouragement is
given to spend work time watching videos however it feels a little bit
disconnected. I'd really like to have a more formal ongoing set of training but
as it stands I have no experience implementing this.

There is limited budget so can't just send everyone off on a training course
and not really looking for an overnight fix but more of a program that improves
different skills over time to a certain level.

My thoughts for now were to mix between:
* Book club - everyone reads a chapter of 'Clean code' and we gather weekly to
discuss it
* Pluralsight club - same but with a pluralsight video
* One on one peer programming where the more senior members help the less
experienced
* Demo sessions/lectures by more experienced developers from outside the team

Has anyone else ever tried to take on something like this? If so how did you go
about it and what advice can you give about this?

Cheers,
Dave