Caveat: this is for winforms line of business applications.

  _____

From: ozdotnet-boun...@ozdotnet.com [mailto:ozdotnet-boun...@ozdotnet.com]
On Behalf Of Kirsten Greed
Sent: Saturday, 1 October 2016 6:35 AM
To: 'ozDotNet'
Subject: Entity Framework - the lay of the land

My 2c

Horses for courses

I am using  EF Code first and loving it.

Most of the posts on this thread are about building the thing right.

Yet I am finding that EF Code first helps me a lot with building the right
thing.

I find changing the database design is much easier now that I use EF
Migrations, this helps me stay in a "play" headset, lowering my fear of
changing the database structure.

There are places where I choose to break into transact-sql, but most of my
CRUD is done via DevExpress XAF with EF Code first.

My 2c :-)
Kirsten

database 14206 (20160930) __________

http://www.eset.com