From: ozmoss@ozmoss.com [mailto:ozm...@ozmoss.com] On Behalf Of Paul Noone
Sent: Friday, February 06, 2009 11:57 AM
To: ozmoss@ozmoss.com
Subject: Permission issues

Hi guys,

We're getting permission and authentication issues (again) which I'm hoping
someone else has experienced and found a resolution to. Everything was working
just fine until very recently. No one knows of (or is willing to admit) any
network related changes.

Scenario: I grant a user contribute  access to a folder in a team site shared
library using Mange Permissions. I provide the URL to the folder and when
navigating to it they receive an Access Denied screen. If they click "request
access" and access is again granted, they continue to get the Access Denied
screen.

I have checked and rechecked the permissions on the folder and also at the
library level (where they have Limited Access). The user exists in all the
appropriate AD groups and can happily access all the top-level sites.

Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this? It's driving me nuts.
Could the mysterious ViewFormPagesLockDown feature be in any way responsible?
[Just clutching at straws.]

Kind regards,

Paul