From: ozmoss@ozmoss.com [mailto:ozm...@ozmoss.com] On Behalf Of Paul Turner
Sent: Sunday, 8 February 2009 9:15 PM
To: ozmoss@ozmoss.com
Subject: RE: Permission issues

Make sure it is not a permissions corruption issue.  This blog details it:
http://www.beyondweblogs.com/post/SharePoint-security-access-denied-permission-corruption-problem-Edit-Item-and-Access-Workflows.aspx

Basically the "PermMask" field is missing the attribute
"RenderXmlUsingPattern".   I have had this many times on projects and the code
in the blog fixes it.  You can create new items but cannot edit them and lots
of the standard options/buttons on the toolbars are 'missing' even when you
have a 'god' account.

Cheers

Paul T.