From: ozmoss-boun...@ozmoss.com [mailto:ozmoss-boun...@ozmoss.com] On Behalf Of
Ishai Sagi
Sent: Wednesday, 6 July 2011 12:38 PM
To: ozMOSS
Subject: Re: workflow on profile change

A sharepoint workflow cannot be attached to user profiles - as they are not
part of sharepoint (strictly speaking - the service is using its own database,
and not using sharepoint objects such as sites and lists).

In the past we managed to work around that by overriding the control that
renders the user profile edit in the edit page. Our control still did
everything the built-in control did, but would also add a piece of code when
the user has clicked save. that piece of code could either trigger a windows
workflow, or do some actions directly.

However, if you are looking for an approval workflow you are out of luck unless
you develop something very sophisticated - as our control as described only
acts AFTER the chages were made to the user profile database, which is not what
an approval workflow is there to do.

Ishai Sagi
Solution Architect and Director
Microsoft SharePoint MVP, MCTS
Extelligent Design
SharePoint Consulting, Training and Products
Mobile: 04-88-789786
Web: www.extelligentdesign.com<http://www.extelligentdesign.com/>
Email: sa...@extelligentdesign.com<mailto:sa...@extelligentdesign.com>
Blog: www.sharepoint-tips.com<http://www.sharepoint-tips.com/>
[http://lh6.ggpht.com/_ODZmNiPJO0M/TKvaSmU07VI/AAAAAAAAAtw/ezwzn2I6SXI/s400/Extelligent%20logo%20lrg.jpg]

On Fri, Jul 1, 2011 at 12:21 PM, Maxine Harwood