Folks, coming soon in our app is the need for a "map region selector" where
you click on states of America or European counties for example.

I see the problem broken into a few pieces: * defining the complex regions
and hoping that there are public sets of coordinates that define famous
boundaries like countries and states * zooming around the map to select
small regions (like Luxembourg) * hit testing and pleasing animations on
mouse over and click.

If anyone has been through this exercise before then I'm keen to hear
advice. I'm hoping that I won't have to do everything manually from first
principles with raw code and drawing primitives.

Cheers,

Greg