Well, it's mainly used to demonstrate how much you can customise the
ListBox control using a control template, but you've also got the advantage
of each state being "selectable" using the functionality already provided
by the ListBox control.  I think it's quite a neat way to go about the
problem.

I was wondering where he got the coordinates myself - would be interesting
to know if/when you find out.  My guess is that he used some software to
trace the state outlines and convert them to vectors somehow.

Chris