Johan Vromans wrote:
> Leon Brocard <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>

>>Did I miss any other points? Any opinions?
>

> http://linuxtoday.com/news_story.php3?ltsn=2001-08-13-009-20-OP

I hope you meant that as a joke.  Fotango.com, where Leon works, has a
whole system built on web services in Perl: http://opensource.fotango.com/

Here's an amusing article that makes fun of web services:
http://www.redherring.com/insider/2002/0205/1554.html

Here's a less funny one about how companies are realizing that most of
them have no use for web services:
http://www.infoworld.com/articles/hn/xml/02/07/25/020725hnwebstall.xml

If web services are the killer app of J2EE (or .NET), we can all breathe
easy.  Even if you happen to have a use for them, Perl is already better
at web services than most of the competition.

The breathless tone of that Linux Today article makes it sound like
there is something technically difficult about web services and
Microsoft is beating us to it.  It's really just fetching a URL and
parsing some XML data.  No sweat.

- Perrin