At 08:59 PM 11/15/2002 +0100, Valerio_Valdez Paolini wrote:

>On Fri, 15 Nov 2002, Stephen Adkins wrote:
>
>> You seem to advocate Apache/mod_perl for end-user (returning HTML)
>> and server-to-server (RPC) use.  That makes sense.
>> But it doesn't seem to make sense for my family of servers that
>> spend all of their time waiting for the mainframe to return their
>> next transaction.
>Are you also interested in fault tolerance and accuracy of computation?
>And what about caching?

In my case, we have enough single points of failure in the system
that fault tolerance for this component is not critical.

However, I am interested in general in the solution to the
[asynchronous execution + queue + queue worker] problem along
with all of the issues related to scalability and reliability.

accuracy of computation? of course. but this would seem to me to be
a matter of program logic.

caching? not sure what you mean, but caching is good if it increases
performance without creating synchronization problems.

Stephen