I asked my boss to order some testing units as soon as they become available. Our customers are fed up with the failing digitizers of E2 and T|X, yet don't want to pay for the high-priced Janam units.

Bluetooth is a must as well as some kind of SD feature. Do you happen to know what form the SD cards are in: full-size, mini, or micro? Can you access the SD card without taking the battery out as in the Janam units?

Benjamin

David Thacker wrote:
"Luc Le Blanc" <> wrote in message news:188...@palm-dev-forum...
David Thacker wrote:

List price on the PDA32 CE is expected to be $199,
plus wireless options. Amazing!!
Amazing indeed! What are the wireless options? Wifi (802.11) or Bluetooth? Bluetooth would be most interesting in my case. As for the battery, is it field-replaceable?

Luc Le Blanc
http://www.speleo.qc.ca/Auriga

Hi Luc,

Yes to 802.11b/g WLAN.

Yes to Bluetooth (Class 1 !).

Infrared as well.

Battery is a 2000mAh lithium polymer battery, but I don't yet know if it is field replaceable. I do know that the MEZ1500 battery is field replaceable, but not sure with the PDA32.