Benjamin is right,

the digitizers built in from 2007 on are of lousy quality. It's probably the
indium tin oxide coating that is of poor quality. I could pick a few hundreds
of bad digis from our bin and send them to you ... I doubt you can fix a whole
in the ITO surfacing with a better driver because the behaviour is non-linear
(i.e. chaotic)...

Harry

You are kidding right?  They tend to drift and then you go back and
forth and back and forth hitting the target area after a hard reset.
The only solution is to send it away for repair or replace the unit
entirely.  If you got a way to make them work right again with out doing
  so; please, by all means, share with the rest of us.

Benjamin