A small 68000 program for my T5 would load and test normally under the Palm
OS Debugger. Closing the debugger would begin a normal soft reset of the T5,
but a fatal exception would occur just before the "Tungsten" logo would
normally appear. A warm reset would get past this, but tapping the "Home"
button would cause another fatal exception. Thus, a reset loop was in force.
  I found (by accident) that the recently-launched list (tap and hold the
silk-screened "Home" button) would appear without causing the fatal exception,
and -- I was lucky enough to find Resco Explorer in that list!
  Resco Explorer allowed me to delete my test program, after which I could
complete a successful soft reset. (Without the accidental discovery of Resco
Explorer in the recently-launched list, I would have had no recourse other than
a hard reset.)
  By a process of elimination, I found my programming error that had been
causing the problem:
  I had placed the following code in my AppStop() routine,
        if(hCel!=NULL)          //If global hCel isn't NULL,
          MemHandleFree(hCel);  //  free it.
but hadn't yet gotten around to assigning a value to the global MemHandle hCel.
As soon as I commented-out that code, the reset loop went away.
  It's too bad the PalmOS permitted such an apparently-common error (freeing an
uninitialized memory handle) to lead to a situation that would require a hard
reset -- unless you're as lucky as I was.
2010may25(19:42)-sls