Hi Gordon, the biggest beef I have with Diamond Cut is that as an editor, it is not
accessible at all. other than that, it is a good program! I think that improvements
could be made to the sample End noise feature too.

-- "G. McFarlane" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
    Hi
I d    on't know whether any of you have discovered this program but it's
one of the best for noise reduction and at present it's usable with Jaws but
could do with one or two amendments to make it absolutely super. It's the
best I've found so far for clearing all types of records/tapes and there are
so many presets.

I sent them a list of things which I would have liked to be included in
future versions to help with accessibility. They're about to bring out a
version 6 with some of the improvements I suggested - others did too -
there's even going to be a Wizard to do automatic cleaning after automatic
checking of the file which will make things much easier for the novice (and
for the experienced too).

Here's the encouraging reply I received today. It looks like this program
could become a standard for blind users if the company is prepared to make
changes for our, as well as others', benefit.

For full information on the program DC5, soon to be DC6, have a look at:
www.tracertek.com

Gordon McFarlane

Hi Gordon,
Sorry I didn't get back to you last time, but you weren't forgotten...I
simply forwarded your message to our programmers and forgot to tell you that
this
was what I was doing.
I heard from one of our programmers today and he wanted me to tell you that
he will do his best to work these things into the code.
I can't promise that it will happen for DC SIX's first rev, but if Rick (who
does the bulk of our programming) says he will put it in, I can promise you
he'll do his best.
You should also know that you're not the only one out there complaining
about these things, so we'll do our best to make you happy.
Thanks,
Jeff